Roulette is one of the oldest casino games around: It is invented during the 18th century in France, and by a famous mathematician named Blaise Pascal.
The famous Monte Carlo casino was the first establishment to offer this “new” casino game, and since it was a “fine” establishment, only the aristocrats of the era knew how to play this game for a long while.
This is not the case anymore: Anybody can learn how to play roulette game easily and try his chances at an online casino.
The rules for roulette are not hard, but because of the many betting options included, they seem to be complex at first glance.
Well, as always, we are here to help you. In this online roulette guide, we will teach you the roulette online games rules, focus on how to play roulette for beginners, give you lots of play roulette tips and also talk a bit about playing high stakes roulette online.
Let’s start: The wheel is waiting for us!
Best Online Casinos Where You Can Play Roulette 
One of the most important roulette table tips we can give is picking the right casino site to play this game: The best way to play roulette is finding the fairest casino that offer multiple versions of this game.
Since we aim to offer you a complete “how to play roulette for dummies” guide, let us suggest you the the best online casino websites to play this famous table game too: You can see them below.
Sign Up Bonus
Live Roulette Available
The Basics Of The Roulette Table
Take a look at the roulette table before starting to play: This is the best way to play roulette, if you are a complete beginner.
The table is like a guide to play roulette because it actually contains all the information you need. There is a wheel and lots of numbers on the table, right? The numbers (and other options) on the table represent the outcomes you can place a bet on. In a way, it also contains online casino roulette rules because by looking at it you can understand what options are available for you.
Take another look at the wheel: It contains numbers (between 0 – 37) and those numbers match the ones on the table. Each number on the wheel is a possible outcome, and your goal is to predict that outcome. Let’s “simulate” a sample game according to the roulette gaming rules:
• The croupier announces that new bets are accepted. (If you are playing online roulette, there won’t be a croupier, of course, you just hit the “spin” button.)
• All players place their chips on the table. Chips must be placed on at least one of the outcomes. It is possible to place a bet on multiple outcomes.
• The croupier announces that “no more bets are accepted” and spins the roulette wheel.
• The ball stops on a random number. If any of the players placed a bet for that outcome, he/she will be paid according to the paytable.
Sounds simple, right? These steps are also the answer to how do you play roulette in a casino question:
There is always a croupier at land-based casinos, but none at online casinos. However, this does not mean that online casino roulette rules are different: On the contrary, the betting options and the gameplay are exactly the same (including winning odds).
So, a single roulette guide winning can be used for both versions – there is no real difference. In an online roulette game, you control the wheel and play alone. In a roulettes casino, however, the croupier controls the wheel and there are other players with you.
This is the only difference: Other than that, online casino roulette rules are exactly the same.
So, what is the complex part? To answer that question, we must take a look at the betting options.
Casino Roulette Rules: How To Bet In Roulette
Now, there are multiple outcomes you can place a bet on, but they are divided into two categories:
Inside bets and outside bets. These are references to the physical locations of betting options on the table.
Outside bets are placed at the “outer” sides, and inside bets stay, well… inside. We will explain which one is better in the roulette table tips section, but let’s continue with the tables that show both of these options and roulette table rules for now:
Rules Of Roulette For Dummies: Inside Bets
You may have noticed that we skipped the “betting on five numbers” option. This is because this option is only available in American roulette. According to the American roulette rules, this betting type is called a “basket” and its payout is 6:1.
None of the American roulette strategies will recommend betting on this option, because your winning chance is only 13.16%. Speaking of which, we don’t recommend playing this variant: We will explain the reason below. Now, let’s see the outside bets.
Roulette Rules For Dummies: Outside Bets
Now, according to these roulette game rules, inside bets pay much more – there is no doubt about that. However, they also offer very low winning odds. If you want to learn how to play roulette wheel, you need to know about odds and probabilities too.
Let’s continue this roulette guide by answering this question: Which betting options offer the best odds according to roulette guide winning strategy?
Which Roulette Betting Options Are Better?
Learning how to bet on roulette is simple, you just place your chips onto the table and on top of your outcome choice. Finding which betting options offer the highest winning chances, however, requires reading our roulette strategies that work guide.
Don’t worry, we won’t keep you waiting: This guide to playing roulette also includes those chances.
On the table below, you can see the odds/probabilities of all roulette betting options:
NAME OF THE BET
Before we continue, we should note that these figures are prepared according to European roulette rules. The odds of American roulette will be significantly lower.
For example, the probability of Red/Black bet in American roulette is 47.36%, instead of 48.64%.
When we take a look at this table, we find out multiple things that can be the basis of a roulette strategy guide. Such as:
- The best bets you can place in roulette are red/black, odd/even, and low/high. They offer the highest odds. If you place 1.000 EUR to any of these options, for example, there is a 48.64% chance that you will be winning 2.000 EUR in total.
- Column and Dozen bets still offer good odds and higher payouts. If you like to take some risk, these will be the best options.
- You should stay away from any other betting options. It is almost impossible to win inside bets. This is the most important roulette gaming rule we can teach you: Unless you are amazingly lucky, you cannot win inside bets. The probability of getting hit by a meteor is higher than winning an inside bet.
- In this guide roulette casino, we recommend two things to you: Always bet on outside bets and never place more than you can afford.
- Always Pick The European Roulette. The European variant of this game contains 37 numbers in total. The American variant, however, contains 38 numbers. The addition is a double zero, which is also known as the “casino’s number”. American roulette offers additional betting options but your winning odds are much lower than the European variant. For this reason, don’t waste your time by reading an American roulette guide: You should be playing the European version, not this one.
- Roulette Systems Do Not Work. You will see lots of “roulette systems” while playing this game. Martingale, James Bond, Fibonacci, Labouchere, D’alembert… There are more than a dozen roulette systems and all of them claim to be the best. Thing is, all of these systems are based on the assumption of “you will win sooner or later”. Therefore, they all encourage you to increase your wager progressively. If you placed 3 coins and lost, place 6 coins next time. And keep doubling your wager until you win – this is the basis of all these systems. If you have enough budget to back you up until this happens, yes, they work. But if you are on a limited budget, these systems will increase the wager in a very short amount of time and cause bankruptcy. Betting only on outside bets is the best strategy/tactic we can give you: If you are not a high roller and cannot afford to lose thousands of Euros in an hour or so, do not use any of the roulette systems. They don’t work for low rollers, it is simple as that.
- Make Sure You Are Using A Bonus. Using a bonus to play roulette can give you lots of advantages. You can easily double your starting budget or win a certain percentage of your losses back. Before starting to play, make sure that you are benefiting from a bonus: It can give you the edge you need. However, do not focus on “percentages” too: the best online casino bonus offers come with low wagering rates, not high percentages. Make sıre to read the terms and conditions before activating a bonus.
- Pick Your Online Casino Wisely. Only choose the licensed and secure ones from our list of safe online casinos. Pick online casinos that offer live dealer games – playing live roulette is a different kind of experience and lets you visit an authentic casino without leaving the comfort of your home. We are ready to help you in this regard: You can check our roulette casino reviews to find a good casino site that suits your needs. Never play at unlicensed casinos.
Roulette Table Game FAQ
Find The Best Online Casino For Roulette, Start Playing Now!
In this roulette beginner guide, we tried to answer all of your questions and give you enough information to start your adventure. Remember that we also have advanced roulette strategy guides too: If you need further help, make sure to check them.
All it is left is finding an online casino that lets you play all of these roulette variants (including Pinball roulette), and we still got you covered: Check our online casino reviews to find the best websites to play online roulette (including Bitcoin roulette sites).
We can find you a casino online no matter where you live in the world and offer the best roulette bonuses. Read this roulette guide, pick an online casino, and start spinning that wheel!
Other articles about Roulette you might like:
- No limit, High stakes Roulette
- European roulette gold
- Roulette Tips
- How to play roulette
- Roulette Rules
- Low Stakes Roulette
- James Bond Roulette Strategy
- Roulette Payouts
- Roulette Terms
- Roulette Money Management
- Fisher roulette strategy
- Best numbers to play in Roulette
- Martingale Roulette
- Reverse Martingale
- Fibonacci Roulette Strategy
- Penny Roulette
- Roulette Attack Strategy
- Outside Bets