For years, brick-and-mortar casinos claimed that “nothing beats the thrill of playing against a real person”.
Well, they were right to an extent: Playing against computer software and a real dealer are very different experiences.
However, thanks to the technology, you don’t need to go to a brick-and-mortar casino just to play with other people, against other people.
Live online casino websites offer you this opportunity from the comfort of your home.
And that’s why they represent the future of the online gambling industry.
Live casino online sites offer you the chance to visit a “real” casino, no matter where you live in the world.
In this article, we will take a closer look at this exciting technology, tell you everything you need to know, and suggest new online live casino websites to start your adventure.
Best Live Dealer Online Casinos  - Updated List
Sign Up Bonus
Has Betting Stats
Start Playing At The Best Live Online Casinos Today
There is no need to search the internet in order to find the best live dealer online casinos: We already picked them for you. We have high standards when it comes to live casino reviews and we suggest only the live casinos that managed to satisfy us.
In other words, if we are recommending a particular live dealer casino, you can trust us. Pick any of our online live casino sites and start playing against a real dealer today.
But first, read our reviews and find out why that live casino site is better for you. Speaking of which, here are the things we check for while evaluating online live casino websites.
Read Our Live Dealer Online Casino Reviews First
While preparing our live casino reviews, we especially check for the following:
- Payout Speed And Payment Options. The live casino must offer multiple methods to make a deposit and the withdrawals must be completed as fast as possible. We make sure that your financial transfers will be fast, secure, and reliable.
- Professional And Fast Customer Support. We “create” multiple scenarios to see how fast and professional the support team reacts. We expect all of the complaints to be resolved in 24 hours and we especially look for how many methods you can use to contact the support team.
- Multi-Platform Support. We check the mobile compatibility of live online casino websites and make sure that you can play with any device without a problem, iOS or Android.
- High-Quality Providers And Game Variety. And of course, we look for how many live dealer games are offered and how good they are. Our motto is the more the merrier, but the quality is also important to us as well as quantity.
Now, you know why you can trust our recommendations and live online casino reviews. Let’s continue by comparing regular and live online casinos and find out what they offer.
Both services have advantages and disadvantages, but there is no reason to stick with only one of them. Live dealer games are offered in regular online casino sites, so you can get the best of both worlds.
Live Online Casino Technology Explained: How Does It Work?
Have you ever made a video call before? It is actually the same principle: The casino management puts a webcam in front of the game table and starts a live broadcast. It is possible to join this broadcast from anywhere in the world.
Usually, there is more than one webcam, so it is possible to view the game table from different angles. Basically, this is a studio and you can join the broadcast anytime you want, just like a Twitch channel. Dealers use big cards or balls for a clearer view, so don’t surprise when you see “giant” cards.
The game constantly goes on, and you can leave at any time. Live online casino games support multiplayer, so you will have table friends too. It is, of course, possible to play alone too, but you will see lots of other players joining and leaving the game.
You can send messages to them (in fact, you can send messages to the dealer too) and turn this experience into a social one. By the way, you don’t need a microphone or a webcam to join these broadcasts – the dealer does not need to see “you”.
There is a big screen in front of him/her and once you press on a button, for example, this is reflected to that screen.
Playing In An Online Live Casino: Step-By-Step Guide
So, how to play live casino online? If this is your first time in a live online casino, don’t worry: Just follow the steps below to start playing.
- Step 1: Complete the registration process at one of our recommended online live casinos and activate your account.
- Step 2: Log in to the live casino site with your credentials and make a deposit. As will be explained below, you need an active balance to play live dealer games. Make sure to check for bonuses too before making the deposit.
- Step 3: After crediting your account, check the game categories/service types at the casino site. Usually, you will see a link/button that says “live casino” at the main page of the website. Click on that.
- Step 4: Multiple live dealer games will be listed. Click on anyone – it is possible to play at multiple live dealer games at the same time but not recommended, as doing so will prevent you from focusing on a single game.
- Step 5: The live game will be loaded in your browser – you don’t need to download anything. After a couple of seconds, the main game interface will be loaded and you will join the broadcast. Say hello to your table friends and start playing.
Since the interface of live casino games is mostly the same as regular online casino games, you won’t have any difficulties. If you played a blackjack game before, for example, you are ready to play it against real dealers too.
When it is your turn, the dealer will ask you to place a bet and make a decision (for example, hitting or standing, if you are playing blackjack). You can make decisions via the buttons on the interface, you don’t need to “speak” to the dealer.
The Most Important Things To Know About Live Casinos: Tips And Tricks
In order to find the best live casino online, you need to know what to look for. While evaluating live dealer online casino sites, makes sure to check for the following:
- Prefer live casino providers that broadcast from the same continent as you. As will be explained in the FAQ section, ping values are the most important thing in order to get a seamless live casino experience. As a general rule, your ping values will be better if the broadcast is made from the same country as you. The games will run smoothly and without any lags. In this regard, these providers make their broadcasts from Europe: Evolution Gaming, Netent, and Microgaming. Usually, this location is Malta or Lithuania, so the closer you are, the better the broadcast will be. Ezugi is the only provider that broadcasts from Macau, Cambodia, and Costa Rica.
- Make sure the providers are audited. The RTP rates of live casino games are different from the regular online casino games and they need to be audited separately. To ensure that the games are fair, makes sure that the providers themselves work with independent agencies. For example, Netent works with eCOGRA to guarantee the fairness of its live dealer games.
- Check the game collection. The general rule here is that “the more the merrier”. We believe that you should get at least a dozen live dealer games in different varieties. You should have lots of options and access to different game types.
- Check the betting limits. If all of the live dealer games are low-limit tables, you won’t enjoy this experience that much. This also applies if all of them are high-limit tables. The live dealer game collection must appeal to every budget out there and you should look for the ideal balance between low and high-limit tables.
Pros And Cons Of Live Online Casino Games
- You get to live the authentic brick-and-mortar casino experience without leaving the comfort of your home
- You play with other players from all over the world and communicate with them, which will give you a social gaming experience
- The welcome and reload bonuses of live casinos are more aggressive: They offer higher rates and numbers
- All variants of card and table games are available
- Betting limits can be much higher, especially at high-roller tables
- The pace of the games will be a little “slow” when compared to casino games played against a computer
- The number of games comes nowhere close to regular online casinos
- There are no slot machines in this category
Software Providers Of Live Casinos
The quality of gaming experience you will get at an online casino with live dealers depends on the provider. Contrary to popular belief, live casinos do not employ dealers and/or do not make the broadcasts themselves.
Instead, they work with a white-label live casino provider. It is this provider who employs all the dealers, finds the building, and makes the broadcast. Therefore, the best online live casino is the one that works with the best providers.
There are multiple providers in this industry but we believe that only a couple of them are able to surpass a certain quality level. In this regard, these are the most popular live casino online providers in the world:
- Ezugi: Ezugi is almost a monopoly in the Asian live casino They are licensed by Curacao eGaming and most of their broadcasts are made from Macau. The company works with 100 dealers and offers more than 20 live dealer games. We can say that they are the biggest live gaming provider in Asia.
- Evolution Gaming: And Evolution Gaming is the biggest live gaming provider in Europe. This is a UK-based company founded in 2006 and one of the oldest ones in the industry. At the moment, they are able to offer the most number of live casino games and own the license of global brands, such as Monopoly.
- Netent: Netent is a well-known slot developer that recently entered the live gaming market. They broadcast from Europe and offer nearly a dozen live casino games. In a way, they are the most beginner friendly provider as they also show you the odds of a specific betting decision and allow you to reach statistics of previous games. They have a small collection, but all of them are very high quality.
- Microgaming: Microgaming is one of the pioneers in this industry (they launched the first online casino in the world) and they are able to offer a high-quality service in live casino industry too. They have a quite big collection, especially when it comes to poker games. Microgaming offers more than 40 live poker games, including different variants. Moreover, they support 24 different languages, so you can easily find a dealer who speaks the same language as you.
What Is Live Online Casino?
Simply put, this term means that you are playing against a “live” person, instead of computer software. In other words, these are real life casino sites, which give you the option to connect a broadcast from anywhere in the world and start playing immediately.
Once again, everything happening on the screen is in real-time, just like being in a brick-and-mortar casino. The most important thing to know is, no casino operator offers only this type of games: Live gambling is always a service offered with regular online gambling.
Maybe this situation will change in the future, but at the moment, you can access live dealer games only through regular casino sites – they are a part of the service, not the only service.v
How Are They Different From Regular Online Casinos?
There are a couple of differences between live casino online and regular online casino services. We mentioned them in detail in this guide, but we can say that there are two main differences: First, you have a time limit to place your bet.
There are other players on the table too and you are expected to take action within a certain period. If you don’t act within this period, you will automatically “pass” that round. In regular online casino games, however, you can wait as long as you want.
Second, while the game rules are the same, nothing beats the thrill of playing against a real dealer – your rival is not a “soulless” computer, it is a real person. You cannot make a bluff against computers, but you can use this trick against “humans”!
Pros And Cons Of Regular Online Casino Games
- Thousands of games can be found in regular online casino sites, they offer much more variety
- They offer more options for players who are on a limited budget
- In terms of pure numbers, regular online casinos offer more bonuses
- Most of that wide game collection consists of slot machines
- You are playing against a “computer”, so this experience will always be artificial
- There are no multiplayer features, you will be playing alone
Are Live Casinos Safe And Secure?
They are as safe as regular online casino sites. Online live casino gambling is not a separate service, as explained above, and if you play in a safe and secure online casino, your live dealer games will be safe and secure too.
But if you play at “shady” places, of course the live casino service will be problematic. To ensure that you are getting the safest livecasino experience, always check that your connection is encrypted with SSL or not.
Take a look at your browser’s address bar: If you are seeing a green lock icon next to this bar, this means the connection is safe. However, getting a safe gambling experience requires much more than SSL encryption.
We highly recommend picking one of our recommended live casino online real money websites due to this reason. We thoroughly checked the cybersecurity of each live casino we recommend, and we guarantee that they are able to offer a safe, fair, and secure environment to gamble.
What Kind Of Software Do I Need To Play At A Live Casino?
None. If you are using a modern browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, you are good to go. Live casino games work with HTML5 codebase, so your browser already contains all the things you need to play them.
Literally, no download is needed: After clicking the “play” button, the game and the interface will be loaded in mere seconds. However, we still recommend installing the latest version of Adobe Flash.
This is not a program but a browser add-on – you may need it to view some elements on the interface. This also applies if you are using a mobile device, you can play at live casino sites online without installing an app.
Although, if the live casino offers a native app, we recommend using it, as it will be more practical.
Can You Play Online Live Casino Games In Demo Mode?
No. This is one of the main differences between regular online casino games and live dealer games. You cannot play the games in demo mode in brick-and-mortar casinos, and live casinos are no different. You need an actual balance to play.
Regular online casino games are just computer software and they can create a virtual balance for the players easily. But doing the same in a, for example, online casino live baccarat real money game, will be impossible.
However, there is still a “trick” you can use: The bonus funds you get through no deposit and welcome bonuses can be used to play live casino games online too. So, in a way, you can still play live casino online free without using your own funds.
But, to be honest, playing live dealer games in demo mode won’t be fun at all: The thrill comes from taking risks.
Is It Possible To Rig Live Dealer Games?
In theory, yes. The cards are dealt or the wheels are turned by real people, so there is always a possibility. But as long as you select safe and secure live internet casinos, you don’t need to worry about this.
Live dealer games are safer than you think, because every player can get the recording of the game! You cannot do this in brick-and-mortar casinos, but it is possible to record every live dealer game session.
Moreover, you may be seeing only the dealer on your screen, but all game tables are monitored in real time by managers, who are called “pit-bosses”.
In other words, all live games are checked by both the players and the casino management, so it won’t be possible to “rig” a live online casino game.
Can I Play At Live Casino Online Sites With Mobile Devices?
Yes. In fact, this may be a much more fun experience than using desktop PCs. As explained above, HTML5 technology requires no software download, so you are good to go with all iOS and Android devices. The only thing you need to use is the mobile browser.
The principles are the same: Everything happening on your screen is still in real time and you can play live games by using their special interfaces. There is no need to download an application, just visit the mobile website of the live online casino site.
That being said, we recommend using devices with at least 4.8-inch screen size to get a practical gaming experience: Otherwise, the interface elements may not “fit” on your screen.
In addition, if a native application is offered by the casino site, install it and use it for live casino play online services. It will be better than using the browser.
What Do Low And High Limit Tables Mean?
These terms represent the entry fee of live casino games. High limit tables have higher entry fees, and low limit tables have less. For example, if you need to place 100 EUR to join a blackjack online casino live dealer game, this is a high-limit table.
But if you need only 10 EUR to play a live online baccarat casino game, you are playing in a low-limit table. High-limit tables have big minimum and maximum bet limits, so they are suited for high-roller players.
In fact, you may need an invitation to join some of these games. Decide according to your budget and don’t forget that high-limit tables attract professional players, so you really need to know what you are doing.
Live Casino FAQ
Online Casino Live Games: What To Expect
Online casino live games collection is somehow limited when compared to regular online casino games. The main reason for this is that there are no live casino slot online games. Yes, you cannot play slot machines at live online casinos, such an option does not exist.
There is a very simple reason for that: These games are played against a machine, not a dealer. In other words, there is no such thing as “slot machine dealer” even in brick-and-mortar casinos.
In theory, you can put a dealer in front of a slot game and make her/him pull the lever, but this will be a dull and absurd experience. Slot players love to spin those reels by themselves.
Other than that, there are no limitations in regards to game types. Live casino gambling online contains all other options, especially card and table games. So any game that can be played against a real dealer in brick-and-mortar casinos can be found in live online casinos too.
But, what do we mean by saying table and card games? Let’s answer this question in the next section and suggest some games that can be played against a real dealer.
The Most Popular Games At Live Casino Sites
Table game is the name of a big collection and any game that can be played on a “table” falls into this category. In other words, casino games such as roulette, poker, blackjack, and baccarat are table games.
This category includes even exotic options, such as Wheel Of Fortune games and variants of all other options. In this regard, these are the most popular live casino games online you can play against real dealers:
- Blackjack: Unlike poker, card hierarchy is not important in blackjack. Every card in the deck has a point value and your goal is to reach 21 points in total, or a total higher than the dealer.
- Roulette: The roulette wheel contains 36 numbers (or 37, depends on the variant) and you can bet on multiple outcomes, such as betting on a single number, a number range, or color. Prefer European roulette, not the American version.
- Baccarat: Similar to blackjack, your goal is to reach 9 points in total. However, baccarat contains strict drawing rules that bind both the banker and the player.
- Sic Bo: This is the Chinese version of craps, where the players roll three dice and you can bet on lots of possible outcomes.
- Live Hold’em Poker: A community poker game where you are trying to form the best possible hand with the help of your own cards and the ones on the table.
Again, there are literally dozens of options when it comes to live casino betting but we recommend starting with the ones above.
This list includes classic table games as well as interesting variants, so it can appeal to different tastes. Here are a couple of recommendations in regards to the games on this list:
- The best live roulette online casino is the one that offers you the French variant of this game. Known as “French Roulette”, this variant has higher RTP rates and contains only one zero on the wheel, which favors the player.
- The best online live casino sites are the ones that offer you dozens of live dealer games in different varieties. In general, do not settle for less than 15 games – the more the merrier. More importantly, you should be able to find different variants of classic table games, as they usually offer better odds or rules that favor the player, such as Spanish 21.
- Sic Bo may seem like an exotic name but in reality, it is very beginner friendly. Don’t hesitate to try it.
- Live blackjack games with side bet option are preferable, as they offer another way of winning.
You can also check our online live casino reviews to see what kind of live dealer games can be found on particular websites. As explained above, we try all of the live online casino games before recommending them to you.
Pick One of Our Recommended Online Casino Sites and Start Gambling Live!
If this will be your first time in an online casino with live dealer, don’t panic: This guide contains all the necessary information you need to know. We are confident that you are well informed about live dealer casinos after reading our guide and you are ready to try your luck against a real person.
We also showed you the best online casino live dealer websites, which you can start your journey. Pick one of the websites in our top online live casino lists, find a game to play, and enjoy the future of online gambling.
Don’t forget that you can visit our live casino games online review page to learn more about different games and get some tips. Good luck and see you at the tables!