You may think that games are the most important part at the best online casino websites, but in reality, the casino software is the really important feature.
Playing games, depositing money, activating bonuses: All of these and more are handled by the online casino program, and most of the time, you don’t even realize it exists.
However, the quality of online casino software directly affects the quality of your online gambling experience, so it is important to find the best casino software providers.
In this guide, we aim to do exactly that: Below, you can find all the things you need to know about casino software and the criteria for picking the best ones.
And to save you the trouble, we already picked the best online casino software providers in 2021. You can see the list of casino software providers below.
Let’s start by answering the obvious question: What is online casino software and why it is important?
For example, while playing at RTG casinos, you probably did not realize the website is using the RTG casino software. You can see here our complete RTG casino list.
Top 10 Online Casinos that Use Trusted Software Providers  - Updated List
Sign Up Bonus
Trusted Software Providers
What Is An Internet Casino Software And How Does It Work?
There are two types of casino software:
- The first one is the “real casino software”, which is used by brick-and-mortar casinos. Yes, they also use computer software to monitor games, manage financial activities, and detect fraud.
- The second one is the online casino software, which is used in online casinos (also in minimum deposit casinos) and handles all of the operations in them, such as game collection, membership management, payment infrastructure, and bonus distribution.
RTG casinos are a good example of this: All of the RTG casino sites run on the software developed by this company.
In other words, the casino software is the backbone of all online casinos (including Pay n Play casino sites): They simply cannot operate without one.
All the things you see on your screen are handled by this software – when you click “play” button, casino software connects to a remote server and executes the necessary code.
When you click the “deposit” button the casino software connects to the payment provider and handles the transaction. So if you want to make a deposit at a $10 minimum deposit casino NZ site or at $5 minimum deposit slots sites, powered, let’s say, by Netent, the software will handle the transaction and also provide customer support if you encounter any difficulties.
When a new slot game is launched, the casino software determines whether you get to play it immediately or not.
And if it is your birthday, it will assign you a personal bonus when you log in, automatically. Or, maybe you will get a RTG casinos no deposit bonus, based on your geographical location.
Real-Time Gaming casinos are known for their daily bonuses, so you can keep getting additional promos after you join. You won’t be actually seeing all of these things – they are happening in the background.
But they are all handled by the online casino software, and that’s why it is the most important thing in online gambling: The quality of casino software defines the quality of your online gambling experience too.
If it is “bad” software, you won’t be getting any good games, or play the current ones with high frame rates. You won’t get any automatic bonuses too; the customer support will activate them “manually”.
And all of your transactions will be problematic – believe us, you don’t want to play at an online casino that uses “bad” software.
Casino Software Providers: One For Management, One For Gaming
The online casino software affects two important things: First one is the games you will get. Casino software is also a delivery platform – there may be one or more than one provider that supply games to this platform.
As can be expected, the best casino software includes multiple providers and hundreds of games. New Rival casinos 2021, for example, offer dozens of new games, their collection is recently updated.
We can also give other examples: The delivery platform of Microgaming (Quickfire) supports multiple providers such as Thunderkick and Endophina. So if you play at an online casino that uses this platform, like the newest Microgaming casinos, you get to play lots of games.
But if the casino software/platform supports only one provider, you will have access to a limited number of games. So the first thing that is affected by the online casino software is the quality and quantity of games.
However, the casino software is not just for playing games: It also manages (and monitors) member accounts too. High-quality casino software handles most of these operations automatically.
For example, advanced casino software can track your gaming habits and offer you automatic bonuses for a particular game; like a Net Entertainment casino bonus under the form of free spins on the Starburst slot.
In fact, this can be done while you are playing that game: The casino software will simply send an in-game message and inform you that you have won free spins, for example.
It is also capable of generating constant promotions (such as slot tournaments) and detecting fraud. In short, if the online casino software is good, the operator can sit back and relax: Most of the things will be handled automatically by the casino software.
So, we can say that there are two main functions of an online casino software: The first one handles the day-to-day operations of an online casino (member management) and the other defines the game collection.
Lastly, we should mention that the casino software is developed by game providers – in addition to providing slot, card, and table games, these companies develop online casino software too.
Top 5 Best Online Casino Software Providers
Without further due, let’s take a closer look at the best online casino software platforms in 2021. We believe that these casino software providers are the pioneers in this industry and offer you the best online gambling experience at the moment.
- IGT: Short for International Game Technologies, IGT is literally the inventor of video slot machines. That’s right: They developed the first video slot game in the world during the 90s, and all other developers followed their example. IGT holds the license of the most popular TV shows and Hollywood movies, and their slot collection is quite big. Among their popular slots you can find: Texas Tea, Cleopatra Gold, Mustang slots, Wheel of Fortune, Cash Coaster slots and many more. They also work with “real” casinos and produce gaming cabinets for them.
- Novomatic: Novomatic is one of the oldest casino software developers in the industry, famous for its Novomatic slots with ancient Egypt themes. The games you find at the best Novomatic casino sites are mostly known for their 9-line classic slots, but they also develop highly advanced management and monitoring software for online casinos and brick-and-mortar casinos.
- Netent: Netent is the king of innovative slot machines and the inventor of many different mechanics, such as Avalanche Reels and Cluster Reels. They also offer live casino games and VR (virtual reality) slots. If you are interested in playing the most advanced slot machines, you should have a look at our NetEnt casino PayPal list or, even better, our Netent casino list 2021 – updated (we also have a special list of NetEnt Casino Australia sites for Australian players and a NetEnt casino list UK specific).
- Evolution Gaming: Netent may be the king of video slots, but Evolution Gaming is the king of live casino games. They are the largest live dealer casino software supplier in the world and known for the high-quality of their broadcasts. Evolution Gaming does not develop any casino games – they only offer live broadcasts and they are the best brand in this genre. If you are interested in playing games against real dealers, you should pick online casinos that work with Evolution Gaming.
- Microgaming: Microgaming is literally the granddaddy of online casino software: They launched the first online casino and developed the first casino software in the world. In other words, we owe it all to Microgaming – they jump-started the online gambling industry. Their delivery platform is called Quickfire and offers more than 600 games in different categories. Quickfire is also a betting casino software, as it offers support for sports betting too. Microgaming launches more than 50 slot games every year (you can find them even at $1 deposit Microgaming casino sites), the most popular ones being: Diamond Inferno, Avalon, Doctor Love, King Arthur and many others. Here you can find our Microgaming casinos full list or a list of Microgaming casino Canada sites specially for Canadian players.
We can also add the best Rival Gaming casinos, RTG casinos or Playtech Casinos to this list. While they technically have only one provider, their game collection is quite big and service quality is more than satisfying.
You can also use new payment methods at the best Bitcoin casinos when playing Bitcoin high limit casino games. You can also take advantage of really useful bonuses, especially at no deposit RTG casinos. Don’t forget that you can read the reviews of all these online casinos (and new Rival casinos) that work with these providers on our site.
Key Benefits Of Playing With Top Casino Software
Our list comprises of the best online casino software platform or platforms. Choosing from our best list has many benefits but in this paragraph we shall only focus only one feature that should be the main focus of any gambler who plays online or through the mobile versions of the casino which they prefer (for example, a NetEnt mobile casino).
The safety and security of the player should be the leading factor as to why they choose to play with one of the sites that offer games and slots to online casino providers.
The best online casino software providers safe online casino is intriguing because it assures players of the security of the information they give to the site. Banking and personal is provided by the player when signing up with the casino at the first stages. The information will be used for identifying the users and for transactions into and out of the site.
Not only is the ultimate gaming experience rewarding but players have the confidence that they will receive payouts at the end of the sessions as well as the fact that information shall not be given to the wrong parties and used for fraudulent purposes.
How To Find The Best Casino Software
Finding the best software casino online is not an easy task, but we can use some criteria to narrow our options. We believe (and use) the following criteria to evaluate online casino software:
- Legality & Fairness: The casino software provider must be licensed from at least two different (and reputable) agencies. “Two” is the minimum limit, the more the merrier. Do not confuse this with the electronic gaming license of the online casino site itself, they are different things. Licensing agencies authorize online casino software developers too.
- Multi-Platform Support: The online casino software must be able to run on multiple operating systems: Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS… No matter which one you are using, you must be able to start using the casino software directly and flawlessly.
- Cross-Compatibility: All games that are part of the casino software must be able to save your progress and let you continue a session on different devices. For example, you should be able to start playing on a mobile device and continue where you left off from a desktop PC. Likewise, your loyalty points must be transferred between devices too.
- Games Variety: Both quality and quantity are important here. As long as possible, the online casino software developer should offer support for games of other providers, so you can get the maximum number of games. In addition, the quality of games must surpass a certain level.
- Graphics Quality: Nobody likes to play games that look bad. It is 2021 and we expect to see advanced visuals, not simple fruit symbols. Both the visual quality and animations must be impressive.
- Multi-Language Support: Online casino software must provide support for multiple languages, so you can easily play games on your own language. Note that this affects the interfaces of the games themselves – the “management” part of the casino software will mostly be available in English only.
- Price Of The Software: getting the right software for your new online casino depends on the budget that you have put in place at the initial planning stage. The different software available on our list has different costs and the more expensive, the better the features. These features such as excellent sound, graphics, animation and speed will draw more players to your site. To be able to provide this, you have to choose the best software providers otherwise you will lose customers who love a perfect gambling interface. Online casino software price will vary depending on different factors that you can include when making the decision on which site to use.
- Crypto Currency Payment Options: Crypto currency has quickly become one of the most preferred payment options online allowing users to avoid the use of cash, debit cards or credit cards or other payment platforms. This is due to the rising cases of insecurity and fraud attached to their use. Ensure that the casino systems software you allow transactions through Cryptocurrency. As an addition, it is worth noting that there are sites such as Bitcoin casino software providers are quickly garnering millions of users due to the safety and security attached to the best casino payment methods.
Upcoming Casino Software Companies In 2021
In addition to the best casino games software developers above, we believe that these companies have the potential of becoming respected providers in the near future:
- Endorphina: This is a small developer based in Bulgaria, but it grows very quickly. Endorphina develops only video slot machines (no management software) and works with almost all of the delivery platforms. Their games are developed in HTML5 and have unique themes, such as “Bitcoin” and “Horror Movies”. Endorphina has the potential to become one of the largest casino games software developers in Europe as almost every casino is also an Endorphina casino.
- Pragmatic Play: Pragmatic Play is only 4 years old but it already offers a complete service: Slot machines, live casino games, table games, and a full-featured casino management software. They are licensed from six different countries and work with two independent agencies to ensure game fairness. Even some of the biggest casino software developers don’t have six licenses: Pragmatic Play aims big. You will hear their names much more in the near future. Here you can find our Pragmatic casino list.
- Rabcat: Rabcat is based in Austria and works exclusively for the Quickfire delivery platform, which belongs to Microgaming. It is also a licensed online lottery operator in Austria. Licensed from the UKGC, Rabcat offers unique themes and innovative features in all of its games – some of them even contain “city building” mechanics. They develop slot machines only and the graphics quality of their games is amazing – in fact, it is the best we have ever seen.
- Big Time Gaming: BTG is established by former workers of OpenBet, so they know what they are doing. They are one of the rare online casino software developers licensed from six different countries, and a donor for the Responsible Gambling Trust. They are known for their “Megaways slots” series and hold the license for some impressive brands, such as Bonanza and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
- Thunderkick: Thunderkick is established in 2012 and grabbed two licenses right from the beginning: UKGC and MGA. They are one of the rare small-scaled casino software developers that don’t rely on a third-party delivery platform. In other words, they sell their games and online casino software directly. At the moment, it works with 19 Thunderkick online casinos in total and this figure keeps rising every day. They develop quite innovative slot machines and highly advanced Remote Gambling Servers.
Which One Is the Cheapest Online Casino Software Provider?
Nobody can give you exact figures. As can be guessed, the price of online casino software is different for each provider, sometimes higher and sometimes lower. But it is never “cheap”.
The casino software is what makes casino sites run and you cannot expect to purchase it for a couple of dollars. For big software providers, this figure can rise to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
For small-scale providers, you can expect to see tens of thousands of dollars. Moreover, this won’t be a one-time purchase: Operators actually “hire” online casino software and make annual payments.
The size of the online casino website and the number of games in it will also affect the price. In short, as long as you don’t develop in-house casino software, you will need a very big budget.
Online Casino Software Download or Instant Play: Which One Is Better?
We can safely say that instant play casinos are better. Thing is, even the best free casino software download comes with multiple problems.
You need to update the program on a constant basis, an operating system update may negatively affect the software, and most importantly, you will always need a desktop PC to use the program.
In other words, an online casino software that requires a download won’t work on mobile devices and will limit your gambling options. Instant play casino software, however, is always ready to use on all devices and requires no user interaction.
You just simply click on “play” and start gambling. To tell the truth, the downloadable online casino software is a thing of the past: Nowadays, they are quite rare and “ancient”.
Is it Possible to Rig Online Casino Software?
Yes and no. Online casino softwares are computer programs and in theory, it is possible to “rig” every program. However, this does not mean that each and every one of them is “rigged”.
Take a look at the “how to find the best casino software” section above: We listed which criteria should be used in order to find reputable online casino software.
As long as you play in licensed and reputable online casinos, the software will be reputable too, simple as that. But if you prefer “shady” and unlicensed casino sites, there is a high chance that the software is rigged.
In short, play only at reputable and reliable online casinos. For example, you can try the online casino german sites. Otherwise, there is always a risk.
FAQ About Online Casino Software: Everything You Need To Know
Choose The Best Casino Software Providers & Start Playing Today!
We explained what online casino software means, listed the best online casino software providers, and listed the criteria to use for finding reputable ones.
The rest is up to you: Visit our online casino reviews section to find the best casino sites that work with these providers and create an account today.
Remember that picking the best casino software is of crucial importance in order to get a satisfying online gambling experience.
The right software developer will make all the difference. As always, we wish you good luck and see you at the tables!