The game of roulette is defined by simplicity and the straight up bet is a shining example. This bet offers the biggest potential payouts and in spite of the low odds, it ranks high in the preferences of casual and veteran punters.
In this roulette guide updated for 2021 we teach you how to play a straight up bet at roulette and review the most useful systems and strategies.
We take a closer look at other roulette payouts to determine how they measure against the straight up bet payout, so you can make an educated decision.
- 1The straight up bet in roulette guide for 2021
- 2Best Roulette online casinos in 2021
- 3What does roulette straight-up bet mean?
- 4Place a roulette straight up bet – Step by Step
- 5The odds of winning a straight up bet in roulette
- 6What’s the house edge in the straight-up bet
- 7Straight up bet roulette tips and tricks
- 8Pros and cons of roulette straight up bets
- 9Roulette straight up bet FAQ
The straight up bet in roulette guide for 2021
We set out to have the roulette straight up bet explained to help new players speaking of this popular game.
- Essentially, this is the highest paying wager, so when you place a bet on a specific number, you can hope for the biggest winnings.
- Available in games played at real croupier tables, as well as RNG-powered roulette online games, it is the most tempting inside bet.
- Flawless roulette money management is needed to make it work, because the odds of winning an individual spin are low. With the right straight up betting system and the right approach, you can offset the house edge and make it work.
🥇 Best Roulette online casinos in 2021
Sign Up Bonus
Roulette Games Available
What does roulette straight-up bet mean?
Place a roulette straight up bet – Step by Step
Now that you know what does straight up bets meaning roulette, let’s take a look at how to use it. Any guide to playing roulette will include these steps that apply to any version of the game. Whether you play French roulette, European roulette or their American counterpart, these are the steps to complete:
The odds of winning a straight up bet in roulette
There is an indissoluble link between the odds of winning and potential profits. The probability of straight up bet winnings is 1 in 37 in European roulette Gold and 1 in 38 in the American version.
Other special types of the game are played by slightly different roulette rules, but the odds of winning are largely the same. Whether you play low stakes roulette or high-stakes roulette online, the odds of winning are the same. The house edge is just as if you were to bet on outside bets, but the odds of winning are lower.
Payout (in both games)
European Roulette Probability
American Roulette Probability
What’s the house edge in the straight-up bet
The first thing that players need to know after they learn how to play roulette is how high the house edge. This depends on the number of zeros on the wheel, with 2.63% on European roulette and 5.26% on the American one. The house edge isn’t influenced by the stakes, so whether you play Penny roulette or bet larger amounts on exotic versions, such as Pinball roulette, your odds of winning stay the same.
Straight up bet roulette tips and tricks
The beauty of the straight up bet roulette is that anyone can use it without knowing anything about the game. You don’t need a complex system, such as the Fisher roulette strategy or Fibonacci roulette strategy to use it effectively.
There are few roulette tips that can actually help punters boost the odds of winning and these are perhaps the most useful ones.
👉 Mix it up with low risk bets – mix things up and combine the roulette straight up bet strategy with outside bets. In addition to wagering on individual numbers, bet on clusters for a chance to secure smaller, more frequent winnings. The roulette dozens strategy is a good complementary bet.
👉 Avoid roulette attack strategy systems – one of the best roulette straight up bet tips is not to be overambitious. Don’t chase losses with martingale roulette and don’t get greedy with complex systems such as the James Bond roulette strategy.
Pros and cons of roulette straight up bets
- Easy to understand and use by beginners
- Offers high potential winnings
- The straight up betting strategy is the easiest
- Low risks of winning and high variance
Roulette straight up bet FAQ
Think big with high paying roulette straight up bets
The straight up bet is the most profitable wager you can ever make when playing roulette. It is also the easiest one, so beginners can learn what is the straight up bet in a matter of seconds. There’s no need for complex strategies and experience doesn’t give players an edge over their peers. All you need is proper bankroll management, patience and a certain appetite for risk taking. With a little bit of luck and self-control, you can grab big wins that will spice up any gaming session.