Safety should be your first concern as a gambler when picking an online casino.
Most of the players will focus on bonus offers and games, but if the casino site is not protected against cybersecurity threats, none of them will matter.
Therefore, playing at safe online casinos should be your primary goal.
This is not an easy thing to do and there are lots of things to know about online security.
Well, don’t worry: In this guide, we will inform you about all these things and give you a list of safe casinos online as of 2020.
Let’s start and see why safety is important and which online casinos are able to offer you a safe gambling experience, shall we?
How To Recognize A Safe Online Casino?
You can recognize safe and secure online casinos because they all share common features. A safe online casino should offer you the following features:
- Game fairness and fast payouts. Safe casinos online work with third-party organizations to ensure game fairness. These are independent companies that test the integrity of the website itself and the fairness of the games. You can find more information about this below. In addition, the payout times must be as fast as possible and believe it or not, the casino management must ask you to verify your identity. We know you don’t want to deal with this process but online casinos asking for ID verification are the legal ones – this means they are audited by official organizations too.
- Fast and professional customer support. You should be able to use multiple methods to reach customer service. The more the merrier – in fact, if telephone support is being offered, this means that the casino site is big enough to work with a call center. On the other hand, if the email is the only option you get to reach customer support, this means there is no budget to handle customer complaints professionally and this may affect the security of the website too.
- Reliable licenses. The license of a safe online casino must belong to a reputable agency. We listed some of these agencies below: Do not settle for anything less.
For example, Panama licenses are quite common in the industry but they are pretty much useless.
- RTP reports. If the online casino publicly publishes its RTP (return to player) reports, this means they have nothing to hide. This is a good thing: Check these reports and make sure that the overall RTP rate of the casino is at least 94%.
Please note the list is not only limited to the above features but this are basic and most essential for everyone looking to have the best experience online.
TOP Safe and Trusted Online Casinos  - Updated List
Sign Up Bonus
Has Betting Stats
Online Security For Safe Casinos: Basic Things You Should Know
To learn more about safe online gambling casinos, you should know the basic online security terms and systems. You can see them and read their short explanations below. We will be using some of these terms in this guide too, so you must know the meaning of them.
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer): This technology encrypts the connection between your PC and the online casino site. Unencrypted connections can be monitored with lots of tools and for example, your credit card info can be stolen. Encrypted connections, on the other hand, cannot be tracked or monitored. If the online casino supports this technology, its web address will be starting with “https” and you will see a green lock icon next to your address bar. You should be seeing that icon on all pages of the casino site, not only the payments page.
- Security Audition: In addition to game fairness, the online security level of casino sites are checked and monitored by independent organizations. There are many companies that offer this service: McAfee, Komodo, Norton, MD5 Technologies… If you see the logo of one of these companies on the main page of the casino site, this means the servers are checked for cybersecurity threats on a constant basis.
- Payment Options: Safe casinos online offer multiple payment methods but they are usually not keen on using more than one option. In other words, if you make a deposit with a credit card, for example, they want you to select the same card for withdrawals too. In addition, the withdrawal method you choose must belong to the member himself: If you are a member named Brian, for example, the withdrawal method must belong to Brian too. If the online casino does not care about these things, this may indicate that there is a security risk.
- Third Party Payment Processors: No matter which payment method you use, the payment itself must be handled by a third party and not the casino site. For example, if you are using a credit card, the online casino should not ask about its “numbers”. You should give this information to the payment processor and on its page. Otherwise, your financial data will be stored in the servers of the casino site and this is a security risk. In other words, a secure online casino never stores your financial information.
Quick Checklist To Play At Safe Online Casinos
While looking for secure internet casino sites, you should check for the following:
- License info and fairness. The online casino must be licensed, period. Never play at unlicensed casino sites, they are a security risk themselves. The license must be given from a reliable agency, such as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, and Curacao eGambling. Look for the logos of these institutions and click on them to verify the license. In addition, check for the logo of independent auditors such as eCOGRA and iTech Labs – we explain what this means below.
- Ownership information. As a general rule, the online casino site must be owned by a public company so you can see the ownership information. You won’t be able to see the actual names of the owners but you can find info about the company itself – the bigger the better. Check how many more casino sites are controlled by that company.
- Overall online security and privacy. Make sure the address of the online casino site starts with “https”. This means your connection is encrypted by SSL, as explained above. All web pages of the site must be secured. In addition, look for the tiny green lock icon next to your address bar: It should always be there. And if you click on the same icon, you can see the security certificate information, which will guarantee that you are really at the website you want to be. This is your only defense against phishing attacks.
- Additional security features. Check for whether the online casino offers additional security features, such as two-factor authentication. We explained this feature below and it greatly enhances your security.
- Member comments. Comments of actual members are always useful: Some of them will be left by angry players of course, but if the majority of members complain about security issues, this may indicate that there is a general safety problem.
Note that these explanations apply to mobile casinos too: They also must have protected by SSL encryption and include all of the features above.
What If I Am Playing The Free Versions Of My Favorite Game Or Slot In An Online Casino?
We can downplay the importance of playing in only trusted online sites. Why? Playing in these sites requires that you register your before you can access the free or the real money versions.
Please note that this includes your personal or your banking information which can be used for fraud or other insecurity purposes which is risky for you.
A simple Hello Casino Test allows you to check about the credibility of the site you have chosen. It does not take much of your time and is a simple and straightforward procedure that allows you to be confident of the site you are playing with.
You can also perform the same test for the mobile versions of the same so as to confirm the legitimacy of the casino. Free or paid versions or real money games, be sure to confirm if the casino is registered had has a credible track record or history for the years it has been in business.
A Safe Online Casino Experience Starts With You
It is ok to ask how safe are casinos, but have you ever asked how safe your PC is? Before questioning the safety and integrity of online casino websites, you should secure your own PC: Safe online casino gambling experience starts from your computer. In this regard, make sure to do the following:
- Start using an anti-virus program. The anti-virus program that comes pre-installed with Microsoft Windows is not good for anything. As a matter of fact, free anti-virus programs are useless. We will not give any names, as this is not the purpose of this guide, but allocate some of your gambling budget to purchase a reliable anti-virus program – they do not cost that much anyway. In this regard, prefer only anti-virus programs, not internet security suits, as their firewall component can mess your games. Programs that contain only anti-virus modules are fine.
- Pick strong passwords. Sure, “12345” is an easy to remember password, just like “password”. Thing is, there are brute-force programs out there that contain the most commonly used passphrases. Weak passwords such as these can be broken in a matter of seconds. As a general rule, make sure that your password is at least 8 characters long and contains upper/lower case characters as well as numbers. Never pick a word or a term as a password. Using special characters such as “,” and “^” will greatly increase the security of the password.
- Use different passwords. We are creatures of habit, and using the same password on all of the websites is a common practice. However, it is also one of the worst things you can do: If you use the same password for your Instagram and online casino account, for example, an attacker who breaks your Instagram account can easily gain access to your gambling account too. Make sure your online casino password is unique and do not use it anywhere else.
- Activate two-factor authentication if available. Some of the safe new casinos offer this feature: Two-factor authentication sends a code to your mobile phone every time you want to log in, and this code is different each time. So, even an attacker finds your password, he/she won’t be able to log in, as the code will be sent to your mobile phone. This is a fantastic security feature and you should activate it if possible.
- Do not get fooled by phishing emails. You will see lots of emails that will ask you to visit a particular link, and that link will open a web page that asks for your online casino username and password. These emails may look like they are sent by the casino site itself. In fact, they may contain false information such as “your account is compromised, visit this link or we will cancel your membership”. None of these will be true, of course. Open the online casino site from your browser by typing the address yourself, never click on a link to do this. And make sure you are visiting the “real” online casino site by checking its SSL seal, as we explained above.
- Keep your own records. Keep track of your financial information. You can always see this information from your online casino account page, but keeping your own records will let you compare these records. Moreover, you can identify unauthorized transactions easily – if the online casino account shows a transaction that is not listed in your own records, this may mean that your account is compromised.
Learn to use sandbox software. Doing this will require some technical knowledge but it will be worth it. Sandbox technology is an amazing security tool: It runs your browser in an isolated environment and even if you get infected, the virus/hack tool won’t be able to run. Basically, all websites and programs will be running on a virtual environment. You can turn every casino site into safe virtual casinos by doing this and it won’t affect your gambling experience. Start by searching for “Sandboxie”, it is a free program and easy to use.
Verification For Safe Casinos: Third Party Audition
Are online casinos safe to play question is not just about safety: It is about integrity too. In other words, the fairness of the games is an important part of online security and directly affects the integrity of your online gambling experience.
An online casino may be as secure as Fort Knox, but if the games are not fair, that would be meaningless. Thing is, are online casinos safe question can be answered by checking for a couple of things and taking some precautions, as explained in this guide.
Fairness and integrity checking, however, is not a thing you can do by yourself. In order to check the fairness of games, you need to have access to the internal records of the operator, which won’t be shared with the public.
Luckily, there are companies who have access to these records: These third-party companies are independent auditors, and they check the integrity of the casino site and fairness of the games on a constant basis.
Note that working with a company like this is not mandatory but safe online casinos prefer doing so in order to show that they are fair. In fact, some of the safe casino online sites share the results of these auditions with their members.
In any case, if you see the logos of the following auditors on the casino website, you can be sure that the games are fair and the integrity of the site is not compromised.
- eCOGRA: eCOGRA is a UK-based company and probably the oldest online gambling auditor in the industry. It is established in 2003 and offers certification services for all of the regulated markets. It is the only auditor that has three ISO certificates and is officially recognized by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. “eCOGRA Seal Of Certificate” is known as the most prestigious certification seal in the world. The most trusted online casinos always have this seal.
- iTechLabs: iTechLabs specializes in RNG testing – the company tests the random number generators of casino games and make sure their results are really random. This is important as random results guarantee that the games cannot be rigged. iTech Labs also tests the platform integrity of online casino sites at application, network, and host level.
- Technical Systems Testing (TST): TST is based in Alderney and it is officially recognized by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission. Online casinos licensed from this agency almost always have the TST seal. TST specializes in testing the integrity of online casino infrastructure, and the overall RTP rates of games.
In short, always check for the seals of these auditors at online casino sites. While preparing our list of safe online casinos, we also checked whether they own an integrity/fairness seal or not.
This is an important part of the safe online casinos which will stop you from worrying about how fair the games really are.
Why Players Opt For Secure Online Casino Gambling
Trusted online gambling sites are a safe haven for anyone who chooses to place their stakes in online betting sites. Players who also use the mobile or downloadable versions of the casinos should put these considerations into place.
Our team of experts’ helps you decode which secure online casino gambling sites that you should look out for as well as the details of the same.
The mobile version is a replication of the online site so if a casino is listed on the list of safe online casinos, you can be sure that the online casino has the same provisions also and there is no need to be worried when placing real money stakes here.
Mobile versions of safe online casinos can be downloaded through the downloadable inks available on the sites or from Play Store for android versions or Apple Store for iPhone users.
If you are not sure about the safety and security of any casino, it is obvious the downloadable options are also not viable for you. We strongly advise that you check the site against our guidelines so as to make a safe decision every time.
Safe Online Casino FAQ
Prefer Safe Casinos Online, Find One Today!
Safety, security, and fairness are the three common pillars of safe online casinos. You should always prefer safe and reliable casinos to get the most satisfying online gambling experience. We recommend starting with the ones we listed in this guide.
They offer the best online security and both our own experience and independent tests prove that. Safe online casino real money websites are the only places you should gamble.
If you compromise security, none of the other features will matter. Stay safe, play fair, and start rolling the dice today!