VISA is easily one of the most widely accepted payment methods online, so it regularly appears at internet casinos.
There are quite literally thousands of casinos that accept prepaid VISA cards, and all other forms of the option.
The banking method is so widely available worldwide that you can pop into Vietnamese, Brazilian, Icelandic, even Singapore VISA casino sites.
Wherever you are in the world, VISA casinos can be accessed.
Which type of VISA card a casino accepts can vary from site to site, though, players often have multiple options to choose from.
Generally speaking, an online casino which accepts VISA electron will also accept VISA Debit and standard VISA deposits.
We’ll introduce you to the critical concepts of depositing and withdrawing using the world’s most popular credit and bank card option. We’ll also showcase a variety of new online casinos accepting VISA options and much more besides.
With that in mind, let’s begin.
Our Top 10 Recommended Visa Online Casinos in 2020:
Sign Up Bonus
The Pros and Cons of VISA Casino Gaming
Let’s begin with the basics – why would anybody play at an online casino with a VISA card? There are quite a few good reasons why that is the case, and admittedly, one or two bad ones which you may wish to consider, too. These are, as follows:
- The payment method is accepted at almost all major online casinos
- It is handy, as most people have a VISA card already
- The limits tend to be quite high, so you can deposit larger sums
- The process is simple. If you’ve ordered anything online before, you’ll know how to deposit
- As depositing requires entering your bank details online, it is less secure than e-wallets
- There may be fees applied either by the casino, or your bank
While VISA is a touch less secure than depositing with a method where you don’t have to hand over your bank info or card details (e-wallets, for instance), it is still considerably safe to use. As long as you see the Verified by VISA logo at online casinos, and provided your casino isn’t blacklisted or rogue, you shouldn’t encounter any problems.
How to Use VISA When Betting Online
Using VISA as your online casino payment method is one of the simplest ways to deposit online. Of course, before we show you how to do that, you need to make sure that you already have a VISA card. It doesn’t matter which type of VISA card it is.
Debit, Electron and standard VISA cards; all use the same process at casinos. Once you’ve got your VISA card handy, follow these steps to deposit:
– Check that your casino accepts VISA, and if possible, try to find a Verified by VISA logo on the lobby
– Sign in to your casino account
– Head to the casino’s cashier page and select VISA as your online casino payment
– Enter the amount you wish to deposit
– Enter your VISA card details and click whatever button appears to process the payment
– You may need to confirm the transaction via the Verified by VISA page
– That page may involve a card reader or pin code
After following those steps, your deposit should land instantly in your account.
Cashing Out Your Chips: Withdrawing Via VISA
To withdraw from VISA casinos, all you really need to do is follow the same process you used to deposit, as listed above, albeit from the cashout section of the cashier.
Almost all online casinos allow players to deposit free of charge and will instantly pop your funds onto your account. The same isn’t always the case with withdrawals. When using VISA to checkout at casinos, you may note that things run a bit slower and that fees may be involved.
The very best casinos will not charge a transaction fee for cashing out with VISA. However, some do. Moreover, while your casino may not charge a transaction fee, it doesn’t mean that your bank (the one which issued you the VISA card) won’t do so themselves. These fees are typically minimal, and seldom cost more than 2.5% of the total value of the withdraw.
As for transaction times, these, too, vary wildly from site to site. Some online casinos can process VISA cashouts in 1-2 days. It is rare, but sometimes a casino may process withdrawals even faster. Sometimes, though, players are looking at 3-5 days before a VISA withdrawal is processed, and this may or may not include a casino’s typical pending period.
Using Alternative VISA Cards at Online Casinos
If those transaction fees don’t work for you, or you’re not falling head over heels for the transaction times, there are other options out there for you.
Players sometimes switch between banking options for different things. For instance, they may deposit at an online casino with a VISA card, or perhaps even make their online casino deposit with VISA Electron. However, they may opt for an entirely different withdrawal option, such as Skrill, PayPal, or Neteller. Some internet casinos are starting to cut down on their players’ ability to do this by asking them to use the same methods for depositing and withdrawing. This isn’t always the case, though.
If you want to explore other payment options, just check with your site’s customer support team. Making a deposit with a prepaid VISA card at an online casino, and then using another (faster and cheaper) option to withdraw from your account could be possible and may even be ideal.
How Does VISA Stack Up Compared to Others?
VISA has competition. There are plenty of PayPal online casinos out there, and e-wallet sites such as Neteller online casinos can often be more advantageous to players. The Paysafecard online casino payment method is the safest around, but it has its flaws.
Each type of casino payment method has its own perks and drawbacks, so how does VISA compare then?
– VISA against casino vouchers: VISA tends to struggle to compete against casino voucher options, such as Paysafecard; at least when it comes to depositing. Paysafecard is far more secure, as it works in much the same was prepaid phone credit. However, as such options cannot be used to cash out winnings, players typically end up withdrawing with VISA anyway.
– VISA versus Bitcoin: Bitcoin has its perks, such as super speedy withdrawals and anonymity. However, not everybody knows how to use Bitcoins. In terms of simplicity and familiarity, VISA comes out on top.
– VISA loses against e-wallets: VISA can struggle against e-wallets. E-wallets are just as speedy to use to deposit, faster when it comes to withdrawals, cheaper (unless your casino doesn’t charge a transaction fee) and more secure than VISA. Against these, VISA struggles.
– VISA vs. MasterCard: MasterCard is VISA’s direct rival. In many ways, the two card options are on par. Transaction times and fees and security are largely the same. However, VISA is more commonly accepted, with fewer MasterCard online casinos out there. This gives VISA the edge.
That Awkward Moment: When Things Go Wrong
Whoops – you’re VISA card has been declined. It is not impossible that your transaction with VISA will be rejected by an online casino. After all, it has happened to us all in shops, right? The critical thing to remember is that there is often a good reason for this.
Don’t panic if you find your card is rejected; it is likely to be for one of a few reasons:
- Your card doesn’t have enough money on it
- Your bank has rejected the transaction
- VISA or the casino has an issue
If you should find that your VISA card is rejected, the first thing you may wish to do is contact both the online casino and your bank. In most cases, the issue has little to do with VISA themselves.
If you’re playing in a country where gambling online is illegal, it is likely that your bank has spotted the gambling transaction and rejected it.
However, it is always best to check with them before hassling VISA. If they say everything is fine, speak to the casino’s customer support to find out if the issue is on their end before contacting VISA themselves.
Bag Those VISA-Based Casino Bonuses
A typical VISA casino is likely to carry a wealth of promotions. Some of these include welcome bonuses, monthly deals and loyalty bonuses, as well as small-scale offers, such as bagging $5 free with a minimum deposit at an online casino.
However, it is unlikely that many of them will be tied to you depositing with this particular payment method. Nonetheless, there are one or two sites which will reward players who deposit using a VISA card. Known as alternative deposit bonuses, they could as much as 5% to 10% on top of your deposit.
Before choosing one VISA-based casino over another, you may wish to check out those bonuses and promos.
Your Questions Answered – VISA Casino FAQs
We’ve covered most of the basics above. If you still have questions, our short FAQ guide to playing at online casinos with VISA cards should suffice.
Play at Top VISA Casinos Today
Now that you know about VISA casinos, how to deposit with VISA, and what these sites can offer, it may be time to find a top place to play.
If you want to find somewhere to play your favourite games, you’ve come to the right place. Why not browse our selection of top online casinos that accept VISA deposits.
We’ve got an ample supply of trusted casinos, which are just the ticket for you. Once you’ve found one to your liking, all that remains is for you to sign up, get your VISA card handy and deposit.
Other related articles you might like: