Blackjack is head and shoulders above other card games when it comes to popularity.
This is the result of the game being easy to learn but difficult to master while carrying a low house edge.
Players do all they can to improve the odds of winning in what is essentially a game of skill.
Why is counting cards cheating is the question on many of their lips one that we shall answer in this guide.
- 1Top 10 online casinos where you can play Blackjack 
- 2Where and why is counting cards considered cheating?
- 3Is card counting actually illegal anywhere?
- 4Do online casinos prevent card counting?
- 5Is it illegal to count cards at online casinos?
- 6How does card counting work?
- 7Tips to avoid being caught while card counting
- 8Pros and cons of card counting in Blackjack
- 9Frequently Asked Questions about card counting:
Top 10 online casinos where you can play Blackjack 
Sign Up Bonus
Safe & Trusted
Where and why is counting cards considered cheating?
Is card counting actually illegal anywhere?
The authorities will have nothing against you counting cards and there are no provisions in state or federal law. Casinos will claim that getting an advantage over the house is why is card counting cheating. The worst they can do is to kick you out, something that you don’t risk when playing blackjack online. There is nobody to monitor your online activities that you can even use a blackjack cheat sheet if you want.
Do online casinos prevent card counting?
This means that when you play blackjack with Paypal or other payment methods, you won’t benefit from counting cards. Even if you use a counting cards cheat sheet it won’t help you, because the cards are shuffled often and you won’t get useful numbers.
Is it illegal to count cards at online casinos?
That’s why players should focus on proper blackjack bankroll management and the use of intelligent systems. You can use the blackjack betting strategy 1-3-2-6 and stick to proven split and double down rules to keep the house edge low.
How does card counting work?
If you don’t really care if is card counting cheating and simply want to get an advantage, this is how the system works. You keep a tally of the cards dealt, to figure out how many low-value cards are still in the deck. This obviously works better at a blackjack single deck casino where you have only 52 cards to keep track of.
Ideally, you should end up with decks that have more high-value cards left in the deck. If this happens, your odds of getting a blackjack using the first two cards are better. This is when you should increase the stakes and by making these adjustments, you improve the odds of winning.
Tips to avoid being caught while card counting
- Stay humble and don’t brag about your skills
- Relax while you play and enjoy a drink
- Keep your stakes sensible and don’t increase them sharply
- Don’t spend too much time at the tables and keep the gaming sessions short
Pros and cons of card counting in Blackjack
- You get an edge over the house
- It is a challenging activity that keeps you shape
- You turn blackjack into a game that favors the player.
- Card counting is completely useless at online casinos
Frequently Asked Questions about card counting:
Boost your odds of winning with card counting
Blackjack is a game with a low house edge but you can decrease it even further with card counting. This activity is frowned upon by casinos and they will try to stop you in your tracks. Why is counting cards cheating in blackjack is a rather hypocritical question.
What you are trying to achieve is to get an advantage over the casino, something that operators do routinely through the house edge. At land-based casinos, card counting can be useful if done right, but due to automatic shuffle, it doesn’t work online.
Other related articles you might like: