Blackjack online games are probably the most popular card game at online casinos. And yes, we are counting poker too. This is due to its simplicity of the rules: You can learn how to play blackjack in 15 minutes, they are that simple.
Learning how to win in blackjack, however, is a different matter. This is a game that is easy to learn but hard to master, and only players who use an advanced blackjack strategy can win.
And this is our goal in this blackjack tips for beginners guide: We will teach you the basics of this game and show you how to play blackjack and win.
However, before we start, we need to give you a disclaimer: This blackjack for beginners guide does not include the rules of the game, but it does apply for online blackjack Canada-based sites. We assume you already know how to play so we won’t waste time by explaining the rules. We will directly start talking about how to win at blackjack: We know this is why you are reading this article.
Top 10 Online Casinos where you can play Blackjack :
Sign Up Bonus
The Basics: What Is The Blackjack Odds Of Winning
Odds of winning blackjack are based on the variant you play, and more importantly, your point total. In this regard, we can say that blackjack has dynamic odds: The possibility of busting changes according to how much points you have.
Take a look at the list below to see the winning/busting odds of classic blackjack. The first line shows your point total, the second line shows the possibility of busting (or winning, depends on your point of view):
- Between 1 and 11: You cannot bust – you can safely ask for one more card
- 12: 31%
- 13: 39%
- 14: 56%
- 15: 58%
- 16: 62%
- 17: 69%
- 18: 77%
- 19: 85%
- 20: 92%
We are not listing 21 of course, that is the highest possible score you should reach. As can be guessed from this list, the most important online blackjack tip is knowing that the odds of winning greatly drop after 15 points. After that, the percentages are not in your favor at all.
However, note that this list is for classic blackjack games that are played with only a single deck. If you are playing with more decks (or play a different variant) they will be different. For example, the RTP rate of a single-deck blackjack game is more than 99%, but blackjack switch odds, for example, is less than that (98.5% on average).
After surpassing 15 points, you need to start using a blackjack betting strategy. Note that there is no real answer to how to always win at blackjack question: While your odds are higher than other casino games, there are no “guaranteed” methods. Odds of winning blackjack with basic strategy will be slightly higher of course, but there will be no sure ways.
Even the professional players lose – it is impossible to completely eliminate the chance factor. The best thing you can do is using basic and advanced tips for blackjack, in order to get the best possible outcome.
Continuing The Basics: What Is The Best Blackjack Game?
In this regard, we must make a recommendation in order to improve your blackjack basic strategy odds. This is a game with many variants, and not all of them offer the same odds. A pro blackjack player always picks the right variant to play, and you should do the same too. Here are our recommendations on the best way to play blackjack:
- The best blackjack game you can play is the classic version that uses a single deck. This is because most of the blackjack strategy betting tactics can be applied much easier if there is only one deck. Land-based casinos usually do not offer this variant, but you can find it at online casinos.
- If you fail to find a single-deck variant, 2 deck blackjack is the next best thing. The goal is simple: Keep the deck count as low as possible.
- If you cannot find a single or double deck blackjack game, stick with simple and basic variants, such as classic blackjack that does not include any bonus bets. If there are additional betting options, your winning odds will always be lower, period. The best way to win at blackjack is by keeping things simple.
In this regard, know that variants such as Blackjack Switch, Blackjack Multi-Hand, and Spanish 21 are invented in casinos. And casinos never invent a variant unless their odds favor the operator. In short, while they look attractive and offer increased prizes, do not pick shiny blackjack variants to play. Stick with the basic versions – this blackjack tips and tricks guide is prepared according to the classic variants of this game too.
Winning At Blackjack: Tactics That Work And Don’t Work
First, let’s analyze some of the popular tips for playing blackjack. These online blackjack tips are pretty common among players, but do they really work? Let’s find out.
Blackjack betting strategy 1-3-2-6: This is a progressive betting strategy that asks you to increase your wager according to a series of numbers. The figures at the end show how much your bet will be. For example, if you start playing with 1 coin, you should bet 3 coins in the next round. Then 2 coins and 6 coins. No matter what the outcome is (win or lose) you keep following this series.
Blackjack betting strategy 2-1-2: Also known as the Manhattan system, this is also a progressive blackjack betting strategy. If you win, you place the next bet in the series. If you lose, you stay with your current figure. Here is an example:
- You start with 2 coins. There are only two possibilities: Win or lose.
- If you win, your next bet will be 1 coin. And if you win it too, place 2 coins for the next round. 2,1,2.
- If you lose, keep wagering 2 coins until you win.
The system claims that you will be able to cover your losses in the long run. But, does it really work?
In general, casino blackjack tips that ask you to increase (or decrease) your wager according to a series of numbers do not work. This blackjack betting strategy originates from roulette games and based on the Martingale system. And it does not work on roulette games too. The idea is simple: As soon as you start winning, you will win enough to cover your losses. And you cannot lose infinitely, sooner or later you are going to win, right?
Well, in theory, yes. Of course, you will win sooner or later. However, blackjack is not like roulette: You are not placing money on a fixed outcome. The game is shaped according to your decisions and tactics, and if you just trust on a series of numbers, you may never win. Black jack tips that are based on bet sizes are not that useful and can be misleading. Moreover, you cannot change the house edge with your bet numbers. No matter how much you increase or decrease the bet, the odds will stay the same.
Instead, you should focus on possibilities and the number of cards that are left in the deck – learning how to use a blackjack betting strategy chart, for example, will be much more useful for you. This is because, by doing so, you can really improve your winning odds. Speaking of which, let’s start talking about tips for blackjack that really work.
Blackjack Tips To Win: Advanced Blackjack Tactics
So, how to win online blackjack? Well, you can start by using a blackjack basic strategy chart. This is the best advice we can give to beginners: When you sit on a blackjack table, it is allowed to use blackjack cheat sheets. These charts give you hints on what your next move should be, according to your point total.
So if you are wondering “what is the best move if I have 18 points in total”, for example, you just take a look at the blackjack tips chart and find out the answer. In this regard, we can give you two blackjack tables: One for beginners, and one for veterans. Here they are:
Basic Strategy Blackjack Chart
IF YOU HAVE THIS TOTAL:
YOUR MOVE SHOULD BE:
Advanced Blackjack Strategy Table
IF YOU HAVE THIS TOTAL:
YOUR MOVE SHOULD BE:
Using a strategy chart is one of the best tips for playing blackjack. Even if you are beginner, you can greatly improve your odds by making the right decision each time. Note that these are blackjack strategy basic charts, so they do not guarantee a winning. Such a thing is impossible anyway.
However, you will be able to make smarter decisions and come close to optimal gameplay, which will increase your winning frequency in the long run. This means that do not expect instant winnings after playing only a coulee of hands. All of the online blackjack tips in this article works on the long run and requires you to keep playing for a certain amount of time.
Other Blackjack Tips: How To Improve Your Odds
Use a blackjack trainer. A blackjack basic strategy trainer will teach you which tactics work and which don’t. By trainer, we mean blackjack games you can play for free. Our recommended online casinos offer you the chance to play blackjack free of charge: Take a look at them, pick one, and start playing all kinds of blackjack games. By making practice, you can learn all the aspects of this game without taking any financial risks. Remember that free blackjack games are the same as real money versions in terms of odds, winning chances, and rules. The only thing that is different is the balance. You will be playing the same game and as long as you want.
- Learn how to count cards. This is the best blackjack strategy you can use: By simply counting cards, you can win almost every game you play. As can be guessed, this tactic works better with single or double decks. But even if the deck count is higher, you should still count the picture cards. Knowing which cards stay in the deck will give you a great advantage over the dealer. You may also wonder why is counting cards cheating in Blackjack – find out here.
- Always Split 8s and Aces. And this one may be the best blackjack betting strategy. If you have two 8s or two Aces in blackjack, always split them. Doing so will give you an advantage and increase your winning odds. However, note that you should split only these pairs: Do not split any other cards. Also read our guide on how many times can you split in blackjack to learn the different rules when splitting cards in blackjack.
- Use Surrender and Insurance Wisely. Simply put, never take the insurance bet. Its house edge is very high and you will be actually losing money, even if you “win” that bet. Insurance bets are useless; it is that simple. Surrendering, on the other hand, can give you an advantage if done right. If the dealer’s card is a 10 or A, you should consider surrendering because there is a big chance that the dealer can reach 21 points.
- 10 and 11 are the best numbers to double. Another useful online blackjack tip is that doubling down your initial wager if you have 10 or 11. These are good totals and you will most likely end up getting a point total higher than the dealer. If you want to take a risk, 10 and 11 are the best numbers for that. Doubling down can greatly improve your prize.
FAQ About Playing Blackjack: Things You Should Know
Find The Right Game, Play Like A Pro Blackjack Player!
After reading these tips for playing blackjack, we are sure that you can start playing like a pro in no time. Remember that using online blackjack tips will really improve your odds: You can decrease the house edge even lower.
The only thing left is finding an online casino to use our tips for blackjack, and we got you covered on this too: You can pick any of our recommended casino sites and start playing today.
We reviewed and confirmed that they all offer fair blackjack games, so you can play without a worry in mind. Do not forget to visit us often as we will continue to give you the latest online blackjack tips.
Good luck at the tables!