Playing online blackjack for real money is a lot easier in 2020 than you might think.
There is a wealth of top sites out there that offer you the finest games, and many software providers have titles you can play.
If you haven’t played before, our how to play blackjack online for real money guide will help you rapidly learn the ins and outs of the game.
In a matter of minutes, we’ll have you ready to start playing blackjack online for real money.
Let’s get started!
TOP Online Casinos To Play Real Money Blackjack:
Sign Up Bonus
Has Betting Stats
Play at the Top Real Money Blackjack Sites in 2020
If you’ve decided to play blackjack online for real money, then the best place to start is a casino site which excels at offering blackjack games. The best online blackjack real money sites aren’t necessarily those with just cheap and affordable games or the biggest bonuses.
The best place to play blackjack online and for real money will be a casino site which offers you both of those, plus a variety of other options. We’ll look at some of the criteria which may help you find the top places to play in a few moments, but first, let’s talk about the game itself.
Playing Blackjack Online for Real Money
Why bother playing real money blackjack online at all? There are plenty of top blackjack games out there which can be played for free. However, none of those is going to see you able to win real cash.
If you want to win real money, then you are going to have to fork out a bit to play. Fortunately, there are a few things to keep in mind which help make this process a bit smoother and easier to stomach.
Beating the Dealer: Things to Remember When Taking on the Dealer
The dealer is essentially your nemesis when playing blackjack online. Unlike poker games, where you may be required to compete against other players. The dealer is all that stands in your way of a win with online blackjack.
Before tackling the dealer, it is good to learn a bit about your opponent. Almost all online blackjack games will offer up snippets about how the dealer plays before you start.
For instance, located on the table itself will be information which should help you to identify when the dealer will stand (on a soft 17, for example) when he draws, and if you’re playing a blackjack variant with a slightly different take on the rules, whether the dealer wins tied hands.
Your ability to win real money playing online casino blackjack will improve if you know the rules that your opponent (in this case, the dealer) must stick to.
Bag a Bonus or Two: Real Money Blackjack Promos
A further way to get a helping hand when playing online blackjack for real money is to claim a bonus. Most major online casinos will provide players with bonuses and promotions, particularly when they deposit.
These offers can see you claim a decent sum of bonus cash when you deposit, and that cash can increase your balance, allowing you to play for longer periods, or even up your stakes.
At the same time, some online casinos also provide their players with specific blackjack bonuses. These may include extra payouts if you beat the dealer with 21. The nature of these promos varies from site to site, but they are worth looking at if you fancy getting a leg up on the game.
Learning Basic Strategy and Others May Help
There are several strategies out there to help you play blackjack online with real money. Basic Strategy (as it is known) is the most commonly used tactic by blackjack players, but it will take time to get to grips with.
Alternatively, betting systems such as the Fibonacci, Martingale System, d’Alembert, and others can help you manage your bankroll better.
These betting systems aren’t going to guarantee wins by any means, but they might assist you in keeping tabs on your finances by ensuring that you won’t lose too often.
There are downsides to betting strategies, though. Firstly, they tend to rely on players having big balances. They may require you to up your stakes following a defeat, and any lengthy period without a win could cost you considerably while you ride out the storm.
Secondly, when playing blackjack real money games against live dealers, you will need to know your strategies inside and out. The dealers may move quickly, forcing you to hurry along.
You are unlikely to have time to consult your strategy guide. This problem goes away in RNG (random number generator) blackjack games, though.
A World Filled with Numerous Blackjack Variants
If basic blackjack gameplay (known as classic blackjack) doesn’t tickle your fancy, there are plenty of other blackjack games with slight changes on the rules out there for you to play. These are known as blackjack variants.
They might include the ability to see both of the dealer’s cards (known as Double Exposure), allow you to play a few hands at once (Multi-Hand), to play with special side-bets (Perfect Pairs), and to fold on a losing hand to keep half of your bet (Surrender, and Early Surrender).
Every time you play a blackjack variant online for real money, you should be aware that there may be rule changes.
Moreover, when you bet real money on an online blackjack variant, the RTP (return to player) rate and house edge are likely to change, too, as are the rules regarding when a dealer stands. This makes checking out the rules which govern the dealer’s actions all the more important before you bet.
The Perks of Playing Real Money Blackjack Over Free Games
Make no mistake about it; playing blackjack for free is a good thing. These free blackjack games can help you get a handle on the rules of a game, as well as practice strategies and betting systems.
However, they can’t beat the real thing. There are perks to playing the game online or using a blackjack real money app to play. Here are a few of them…
- Win Real Money: The only way you can win real money, is to wager real money in an online blackjack game.
- Bag Bonuses and Pocket Promos: Bonuses and promotions are only available to players who deposit and wager real money on blackjack games. Unlike free spin no deposit bonuses for slots, free blackjack no deposit bonuses are near-on impossible to come across.
- Play a Wider Range of Games: While demos of blackjack variants can be played for free, specific low and high-roller versions of table games are usually only reserved for real money players.
- Live Dealer Games Are at Hand: Almost all live dealer blackjack games will cost money. To play the most realistic and authentic blackjack games online, you’re going to need to play live blackjack with real money. Most mobile apps to play blackjack are only for real money players, too.
Choose the Finest Blackjack Casinos to Play At
Now that we’ve had a brief look at the game itself, and what is available to you, it may be time to find an online casino which offers blackjack real money games. We will look at all the things you need to search for to find a top blackjack casino.
However, if you want to save yourself some time, feel free to read our online blackjack real money reviews. They will ensure that you’re playing at a top site in no time at all. If you do wish to do the homework for yourself, here are a few things to keep an eye out for…
- Check Those Bonuses: Big cash bonuses can be used on blackjack games if you know where to look. These can include welcome bonuses, match deposit bonuses, competitions and loyalty offers. Ideally, you’ll be looking for bonuses which are worth plenty of cash, can definitely be used on blackjack games (not all promos can), and come with minimal wagering requirements.
- Are They Safe and Secure?: You’re going to want to play blackjack for real money in a safe and secure environment. Make sure you chosen casino is licensed and regulated out of one of the more notable gambling jurisdictions.
- Can You Play on the Go?: In this day and age, most online real money blackjack games can be played on mobile phones and tablets. You won’t always need to download an online blackjack real money app to play, though. Even if you want to play online blackjack on an iPad for real money, there is often an instant play version of the site you can use. This only requires players to visit the blackjack casino in their device’s web browser to play.
- High-Roller and Low-Roller Options: Blackjack games often have broad wagering ranges to suit all players. However, any casino which offers you both low-roller and high-roller blackjack games is going to be more appealing, especially as these variants really do tend to be offering stakes at the far extremes of the wagering spectrum.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Playing free games has its perks, as mentioned above. A good blackjack casino will allow you to play most of its games for free, so you can get a bit of practice in.
- Fast Payouts Are a Must: Who wants to play real money blackjack games only to wait a fortnight to pick up their winnings? The best online blackjack casinos will be able to deliver winnings to players in as little time as possible. With e-wallets, this process should take 24-48 hours, sometimes even less.
Blackjack Games Aplenty - The Biggest Names in the Business
There are many software providers and apps out there for you to try. Before you go to play blackjack online for real money, it may be worth taking the time to note which software providers offer games and which don’t.
Mobile real money blackjack apps tend to be developed by the casinos themselves and not the software providers, so mobile blackjack real money apps should have no bearing on the games you can play.
Below is a list of leading software providers, as well as their most prominent online blackjack games and variants…
- Amaya: Atlantic City, Lucky 7, Micro-Limit, Perfect Pairs, Single-Deck, and Vegas Blackjack
- BetSoft Gaming: 21 Burn, American, European VIP, Pirate 21, Pontoon, Single Deck, and Super 7 Blackjack
- EveryMatrix: Live Blackjack and Live Blackjack Early Payout
- Evolution Gaming: Blackjack Party Live, Celebrity Blackjack Live, Free Bet Live, Live Blackjack, Live Fortune VIP, Live Genie, Live Infinite, Live Sports Blackjack, Live VIP, Macau Blackjack Live, Mayfair Live Blackjack, Platinum Live VIP, Salon Privé Live, Silent Blackjack Live, Vegas Blackjack Live, and Vegas VIP Live Blackjack amongst others
- IGT: 21+3, Double Attack, European, Hot Streak Bonus, Multi-Hand, Power and Table Blackjack
- Microgaming: Atlantic City, Big Five, Bonus, Classic, Double Exposure, European, Hi-Lo 13, High Streak, Perfect Pairs, Pontoon, Spanish, Super Fun 21, Triple 7s, Vegas Downtown, Vegas Single Deck, and Vegas Strip Blackjack
- NetEnt: Blackjack Pro, Common Draw, Double Exposure, HD Live, Manual Shoe, and Single Deck Blackjack
- Playtech: 21 Duel, Double Attack, Perfect, Progressive, Surrender, and Blackjack Switch amongst others
- RealTime Gaming: European, Face Up 21, Matchplay 21, Perfect Pairs, Pontoon, Standard, and Super 21 Blackjack
- SG Interactive: 777 Blazing, Switch, U-Turn and Vegas Blackjack Fever
Other providers also dish out blackjack games, so it may be worth shopping around if you don’t see something which works for you listed above.
Become a Pro - Blackjack Tips to Help You Get Started
As you have seen, there are more than a few titles out there to play online blackjack for real money with. A good number of these may also appear in online blackjack tournaments with real money prizes.
However you decide to play, it is essential to note that there are a few blackjack tips which can help you get started. Always keep the following things in mind when playing blackjack for money online.
- Keep Tabs On Your Balance: It is critical that you frequently manage your bankroll. Online blackjack money management may be as simple as ensuring that you don’t wager too much per hand, or it could mean using a betting system to try and ensure you don’t lose too much. When playing blackjack online for real money, PayPal and other e-wallets allow you to withdraw funds rapidly. If you want to be sure you don’t reinvest your winnings, these are ideal cash out options.
- Strategise: Play free blackjack games to gain experience using strategies and betting systems. They won’t cost you a penny. Once you’ve nailed one down, you can start to use it to play online blackjack to win real money.
- Never Wager the Big Bucks on a Single Hand: You won’t be able to play blackjack for real money online for very long if you lose over half your balance in one fell swoop. Avoid wagering lots of money on a single hand, even if you’re sure you’re onto a winner.
- Don’t Lose It: As with any gambling game, it is crucial that you don’t chase losses when playing blackjack for money. Don’t lose your control over the game, and think things through before you place a bet.
Last Questions? Our FAQ Guide to Real Money Online Blackjack
You are ready to play real money blackjack. However, there may be one or two lingering questions you feel as though we haven’t answered yet. If so, check below, because we might be able to provide you with an answer or two.
Get Started Playing Blackjack Online - Open an Account and Play Today!
We’ve told you almost everything there is to know about playing blackjack online for real money. If you’re raring to go, you can start by playing free online blackjack games although you won’t win real money, you’ll get a feel for the games.
After that, browse our top blackjack casino reviews to find a place to play, and perhaps make an online blackjack real money deposit using PayPal, or another e-wallet. Once you’ve done so, you’ll be ready to go (and potentially win) playing your favourite blackjack games online for real money.