Belgium, home to EU headquarters has been a center for culture and commerce for ages.
Traces of gambling in card games and lotteries dated back to the 1300s were recently discovered.
The first traces of a national lottery and casino Belgium age dates as far back as the 15th century.
Today, the industry is thriving with active players from all over the state.
The main difference is that today the activities are more regulated and controlled.
Also, with internet innovations, Belgium online casino sites enable gambling on the casino mobile app on the go.
Read this casino review to find out everything about Belgian casinos and gambling in them.
Top Online Casinos in Belgium  - Updated List
Sign Up Bonus
Has Betting Stats
Is Online Casino Legal in Belgium?
Is there a casino in Belgium? How are the Belgium casino games regulated? How Online casino games Belgium are fully legal.
But, not all casino sites are allowed. There are stringent regulations under the Gambling Act which govern which casinos are legal through the issuance of licenses.
The legal casinos have adhered to all the requirements under the Act and have a and license. Every new casino Belgium has to undergo scrutiny before being issued a license.
Casino Online Games Belgium
Online gambling games in Belgium are recognized under the following categories:
- Poker and all the variations
- Betting – Bets apply to sports events and non-sporting events.
- Slot/Pokies – reel-slot-type games, video-slot-type games, wheel-of-fortune-type games and other casino slots Belgium.
- Other Casino games – baccarat, blackjack, big wheel, craps, mini/midi and maxi punto banco, American roulette, French roulette, English roulette, sic bo and bingo.
- Terminal-based gaming – Bingo and lotteries
Belgium Gambling Legislation
he gambling authority in Belgium has responsibilities relating to casinos in Belgium and casino games or games of chance as they call them. Belgium casino regulation is performed by the relevant authority in three ways:
Advisory and Licensing. Upon request, the Commission advised the legislation within the Gaming Act scope. It also grants any online casino license Belgium accordingly.
Supervisory. The Commission monitors compliance and controls all the granted licenses, The licenses are limited and only issued within a specified time frame.
Gambling Products. The Act does not identify products but, states which products can be offered within each license category. There are nine licenses in total.
The Gambling Authority in Belgium
The Belgian Gaming Commission is the regulatory authority for all gambling games and lives bet games. It controls both offline and online casino Belgium sites. The main mission of the authority is to protect players, regulate gambling activities and provide a clear framework to guide all types of casinos and game developers. It has a Belgium casino list of all authorized gambling offline and online casinos on its main website.
Casino Belgium Online 2020: Top Characteristics that You Need to Know
How do you identify the best casino in Belgium? Right before you deposit real money in any casino, it is important to go through the following to get the best online casino Belgium:
- Licensing information – Find out what licenses are available in the selected site. Is it authorized by a governing body?
- Games portfolio – What games are available? Are there restrictions from switching from one game to another when using the bonuses? Are my favorite games at this casino?
- Customer support – Find out how the customer support services are issues. Are the support team reliable? Can I get help 24/7?
- The casino offers – You don’t want to miss out on any casino Belgium no deposit bonus or promotions. Bonuses are the offers and incentives casinos give to new and loyal players. Choose the best online casino Belgium bonus and play right on your mobile.
Before you choose a casino ask; Does the site you have selected have the best online casino bonus no deposit? What are the wagering requirements before you can withdraw any winnings from an online casino Belgium no deposit bonus powered round? Do you need the casino Belgium bonus code 2020?
- Currencies – Does the casino offer payment methods that accept money in Euros? Foreign exchange rates can be costly and can reduce your earnings or available valance drastically. Ensure the casino has a provision for gambling in your currency to minimize costs.
- Languages – How many languages are available? Is French, German or Dutch available?
- Banking – What payment options are available? What are the transaction costs and lead times for each option?
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Belgium in 2020
The gambling regulations for online and land casinos are strict. Some of the laws include:
- Persons under the legal age are not allowed to access online casinos. The casino minimum age in Belgium is 21.
- Specialized licenses are required to authorize any casinos.
- Withdrawals from earnings attained from unregulated casinos are not allowed. The government has partnered with banking facilities to ensure such wins are not accessible through their channels.
- All casinos are supposed to adhere to the Gambling Act Code. The Gambling Act regulates the creditworthiness, complaints policy, fiscal obligations, policy in relation to socially vulnerable groups and advertisements.
Understanding Tax in Belgium Gaming
Belgium regulations require all players to pay tax on their earnings. The games are taxed as follows in land casinos:
- Horse and dog races are taxed at 15% of gross margin.
- Baccarat games are taxed at 5.5% in banker’s wins AND 3% on the player’s wins
- Roulette games are taxed at 3% on a player’s winnings.
- All other games are taxed at 33% on gross winnings for any amount below EUR865,000, and at 4% for any winnings below the amount.
For online gaming, the taxation is 11% of gross winnings realized within any game of chance in an authorized online casino. Here is a VAT rate of 21% that allies to online games, which was initiated in 2016.
Main Rules in Belgium Casinos
To play like a pro there are some common sense rules that you have to abide by. First, only wager what you can lose; have strict betting limits to avoid overspending and losing it all.
Secondly, if you don’t know a game learn how to play it from the demo versions available. Some games like poker and blackjack are strategy based and require expert skills. Don’t share your casino Belgium app login details with anyone; anyone with access can also access your credit balance.
Finally, use all the promotions offered and utilize casino Belgium bonus inscription code where applicable.
Gambling in Belgium Today
Online casino Belgium players can participate in multiple gambling activities. From wagering on sports activities to betting on slot games and playing their hand in card games, all are allowed to gamble.
There is a list of nine casinos on Belgium land, hundreds of online gambling sites, more than 180 gaming arcades and close to 30 sportsbooks at the moment.
Several casinos from all over the world are allowed to offer their games locally after obtaining a license. It is important to uses our guide for the best casino in Belgium Brussels. Also, take advantage of the casino Belgium no deposit bonus offers available online.
Best Deposit Methods for Belgium Gamblers
The official currency in Belgium us the EURO, therefore the best casino Brussels Belgium allows transactions using it. It is estimated that about 78% of all casino websites in Belgium use the euro.
According to the government’s database, there are almost 1000 Belgium web casino sites operating legally in the country. More than 600 of them use the EUR for deposits and withdrawals. Belgian players are not only tied to opening EUR accounts, but they also have the option of opening GBP and USD ones.
The most used payment methods for Belgians include:
- eWallets like Skrill, Neteller, EcoCard, and PayNearMe
- Bank wire transfers
- Instadebit and eCheck
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are slowly being accepted.
Live Betting and Casinos in Belgium
Sports live betting is where players predict the results of a specific sport and win once the results happen. In Belgium, there are plenty of games and live casino Belgium sites where you can join in on the fun. The main sports for live betting in Belgium include:
- Horse Races
- Ice Hockey
- Cricket Futsal
What Does The Future Hold for Gambling in Belgium
The Belgian Gaming Act has shielded Belgian players from being victimized by fraudulent sites from the rest of the world. While it acts as a barrier to entry, some sites have still found a way to offer their services to the citizens.
As a result, the authority has listed a bunch of casinos without the proper licenses o their site. Perhaps in the next ten years, the regulations will be less stringent and will allow more leading casinos to join the market.
We hope you now know a lot more about the online gambling scene in Belgium. For now, we advise you to only play in the authorized sites to avoid losing your money.
Take advantage of the online casino Belgium bonus and stand a chance to win big. Thank you for reading this short guide, we wish you all the best through your Belgium casino journey.