The Czech Republic, or Czechia, if you prefer the short version, is home to many beautiful things.
Universal health care, free university education, a high human development index rating, and a truly peaceful country.
Did you know that the Czech Republic is the 7th safest country in the world?
Well, did you also know that there are 175 brick-and-mortar casinos in the country according to the ECA (European Casinos Association) statistics?
Czech players spend more than 200 million Euros each year on gambling, and most of these budget is spent on internet casinos in the Czech Republic.
Yes, this is also another advantage of this beautiful country: All forms of gambling are completely legal and there are lots of trusted online gambling sites in the Czech Republic.
In fact, there are so many options, it may be hard to find the best casino online in the Czech Republic, especially if you are a beginner. We prepared this guide for this reason.
Below, you can find information about all aspects of online gambling in the Czech Republic, learn the history of gambling in this country, and find out how to pick the top “online casino for Czech Republico” sites easily.
We will list a lot of the best online casinos in the world that accept Czech players and offer you the best possible online gambling experience – are you ready? Let’s start!
Top Online Casinos in Czech Republic  - Updated List
Sign Up Bonus
Accepted in Czech Republic
About Czech Online Casino Gambling: How It Started
Do you remember “Sazka SA”? It all started with sports betting in the Czech Republic, it was the first gambling type that became legal in 1952.
Brick-and-mortar casinos always existed in the country but there were no regulations about them, up until 2012.
The Gambling Act of this year was quite conservative: It allowed land-based gambling but clearly restricted Czech Republic casinos online, for some reason.
Luckily, the European Union came to the rescue: The Council ruled that the law was too strict and did not comply with the principles of the EU.
In 2017, a new Gambling Act is released. This one legalized all forms of gambling, online casino sites in Czech Republic included.
At the moment, there are two laws about online gambling Czech legislation:
- 2017 Gambling Act (this one is about safe online gambling Czech)
- 2017 Gambling Tax Act (this one regulates tax rates of Czech online casino sites)
All is good now: Czech players can gamble and place sports bets in a legal way, and there are lots of brick-and-mortar casinos in the country.
Most of these are located in Prague, but there are other casinos in Znojmo, Karvina, and Ostrava too.
Czech Online Gambling Laws: Is It Legal Or Not?
Yes, online casino Czech Republic websites are completely legal, as long as they are licensed and as long as the players are 18 years old. However, there is currently only one operator in the country, which means the number of online casino for real money in Czech Republic is 1 (one).
Yes, only one. And it is a global poker network, not a regular Czech online casino. Despite its liberal laws, this country failed to attract global operators for a couple of reasons:
- Legal gambling is still new. It has been only two years since online casino for Czech is legalized, so most of the operators are still at the planning phase.
- The tax rates are high. All local Czech casinos online must pay 35% of their gross gambling revenue as a tax. In addition, they must also pay 19% of their annual income as a tax too. In total, the tax rate for online Czech casinos is more than 50%, which is a pretty high figure. As long as this rate stays this high, most of the global operators won’t feel the need to set up shop in the Czech Republic, because…
Well, because the government does not censor offshore casino sites. This is a good thing of course: You can play at the top 100 best online casinos for Czech players without a restriction.
In fact, there are so many best online casinos for Czech players, it will be a challenging job to select a single one, which we will help you in this regard.
However, at the same time, global operators do not feel the need to move their operations to the Czech Republic for this reason: They can stay in their off-shore islands and still serve the Czech players, which is exactly what they do.
Who Regulates Gambling Online in The Czech Republic?
Czech online gambling kept it simple: There is one regulatory body to issue all kinds of licenses and it is the Ministry of Finance. The license for Czech online casinos lasts for six years and costs 200 EUR to apply. (Yes, only 200 EUR. But if your application is accepted, you pay a lot more for the license itself, of course.) In order to launch an online casino Czech, you must pay a security deposit of 1.8 million EUR. (If you are wondering, this figure is only 350.000 EUR for brick-and-mortar casinos.)
There is no need to be “physically” in the Czech Republic: After getting the license, your servers and your entire infrastructure can be placed abroad. As long as you keep paying the taxes, the government is not interested in where you really are. A license covers all forms of online gambling, so if you got one for a Czech online casino, for example, you don’t need to get a separate one for Czech mobile casinos – the same license can be used for both services.
Top 10 Online Casinos In Czech Republic: 2020 Edition
And now, the moment you have been waiting for: The list of top online casinos for Czech players.
We prepared this list according to our country-specific standards, so these are not just ordinary Czech Republic online casinos.
We have tested each and every one of them to ensure that they meet the needs of Czech players. In this regard, we have checked them for:
- Support for local payment methods. We believe that ease of payment is one of the most important issues when it comes to online gambling Therefore, we made sure that our recommended online casino Czech sites support local options too, such as GoPay, G-Pay, MasterPass, and SuperCash, as well as credit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets.
- Best games on the market, period. We made sure that you get the best Czech casino games online, so we picked only the websites that work with prestigious providers. Our best Czech casinos online list contains the most popular and latest games from world-known providers.
- Fast and professional customer support. An online casino for Czech players must be able to provide with local customer support too – we made sure that you get access to fast, professional, helpful, and most importantly, native help any time you want.
In short, we did not select only one best online casino in Czech Republic. We picked dozens of them.
You can see all of our recommendations in this guide and pick any of them – we guarantee that all of these casino online Czech sites will offer you hours of fun, fairness, and safe games.
Play at our new Czech best online casino sites and have fun. Remember that you can read our Czech online casino reviews to learn more about these websites.
Czech Online Casino FAQ
Start Playing At Top Czech Online Casinos Right Now!
Well, now you know more about online gambling in the Czech Republic and the best online casinos in this country. But more importantly, you learned how to find the safest, fairest, and most profitable Czech online casinos: We already selected them for you.
Take another look at our best online casino Czech list, pick one, and start playing today, it is really that simple. (If you want to learn more about each casino, read our reviews too, we evaluate them in detail.)
Oh, and don’t forget to grab your bonus while completing the registration, you can get a free starting capital! As always, we wish you good luck: See you at the tables!